There’s paying a pair of prostitutes to come over for a sex party and being photographed in your underwear handing out the cash.
Then there’s hosting that late-night rendezvous amid a coronavirus lockdown, in flagrant violation of social distancing guidelines.
And then there’s doing that mere hours after going on social media to remind your millions of followers about the importance of following those public health guidelines.
That’s the dubious hat trick apparently “scored” by Manchester City soccer star Kyle Walker, who is apologizing and facing discipline from his Premier League team after one of the escorts blew the lid off the sexcapade in an interview with The Sun.
Louise McNamara, 21, told the newspaper she and another escort, a 24-year-old Brazilian woman, were called on the night of March 24 to Walker’s luxury residence outside Manchester, where he was joined by a male friend. She said they arrived around 10:30 p.m. and left around 2 a.m., and the men agreed to pay the women £2,200 (around $2,700) in cash for their services. She supplied details to the tabloid down to Walker’s preferred brand of condom.
The next day, Walker, who also plays for England’s national team as a defender, reportedly was saying, “Stay indoors, keep washing your hands, keep following the protocols and just protect the NHS. It’s been tough, but first and foremost, we have to think about other people’s health and protecting the elderly and family members that can spread it.”
At least he stayed home. Walker denied nothing about the hooker shack-up in a statement that read in part: “I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologize to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down.
“And I want to re-iterate the message: Stay home, stay safe.”
According to The Sun, the 29-year-old Walker broke up with his long-term girlfriend earlier this year after the paper reported he got another woman pregnant.
Manchester City issued a classic aware-of-the-situation statement “regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lockdown and social distancing rules” and promised “an internal disciplinary procedure.” The Premier League is suspended indefinitely amid the COVID-19 outbreak, and discussions are ongoing about a salary-reduction plan for players.